Therapeutic Educational Program
Sometimes a student needs a flexible and supportive environment that can serve as an alternative to a traditional school setting. Academics West provides intense support for children and adolescents who need a customized therapeutic educational program based on their learning profile and emotional needs. Our curricula meets the objectives of the Common Core Standards but is tailored to fit the unique profile of the student.
Our curricula meets the objectives of the Common Core Standards but is tailored to fit the unique profile of the student. Many students who have completed our program attend traditional schools, which is a measure of our program’s success. The program benefits many students but is typically for students:
- with emotional difficulties (e.g., depression, anxiety, mood disorders)
- who have learning disabilities (e.g., dyslexia, ADHD, written expression)
- experiencing school refusal
- who’s parents are looking for discrete one-to-one education
- who have been unsuccessful at other school settings
- with chronic medical conditions
Academics West is accredited by the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI). NCA CASI is an accreditation division of AdvancED. AdvancED has access to over 100 years of expertise in accreditation and school improvement. You can visit www.advanc-ed.org to learn more. Feel free to also contact the program director to learn more about Academic West’s accreditation efforts.